Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Shepherd's Baptism






I have many, many pictures that I took this past weekend but it will probably be several days before I am able to edit them. I have two different work projects that have to be completed first before I do my "fun" stuff. But, Ben gave me the pictures that were taken with his camera and I am posting the baptism pictures. The baptism was a really sweet service. As Godparents, Brad and I had the honor of standing there along with Ben and Leah and receiving the instructions that we were to be sure that Shepherd is brought up in the church and encourage him in the Christian faith - what a great honor and responsibility! The pastor that baptized Shepherd had been with Ben and Leah throughout the long and emotional process of dealing with infertility and the horrible treatments and then the emotional roller coaster of adoption, so he is quite special to their family. After he baptized Shepherd he walked up and down the church aisle carrying Shepherd telling the rest of the church that they too were responsible for encouraging Shepherd in the Christian faith. We heard from several of the church people later that Shepherd was smiling at everyone as he was being carried up the aisle. What a sweetie! I will have more pictures to come and Mom I will get the house pictures up ASAP as well! :-)

No comments: