Monday, June 30, 2008

Elephant Seals and Ground squirrels



Our favorite thing that we did on Saturday which was the day that we drove more north up the coast was the elephant seals. As we were driving we came upon a lookout that had elephant seals. Apparently they go there every summer and we got lucky and happened to come through at a time when they were all up on the beach sunning themselves. They were so cool. When we first got there we saw these squirrel like things that were kind of cute, people were feeding them and I took a picture and we went on to where the seals were. Well, I had to go back to the car to get another CF card and those cute little squirrels all of a sudden looked and acted more like mice to me. They were scampering everywhere, one almost over my foot! It was awful. Of course Dad was laughing at me but it absolutely was NOT funny! I knew they wouldn't hurt me, they were just so random that I didn't know what they were going to do next! They live in the ground and the picture of the one shows his little hole that he lives in.

No comments: