Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Laconia Trip, Wednesday June 13 Day 6

Well, today was not a fun day! We had high hopes of driving out of the rain by the time we got to Maine. After driving about 2 hours in cold, cold, rain I saw a sign for Ossippi and realized that we were only 1 hour away from our condo! WHAT?? Who planned this trip?? The guys thought we could avoid the rain by not driving through the mountains so they decided to drive around the lake. It took longer than they thought :-) We had driven in a big cold, rainy circle! So, at the point that I realized that we were only an hour from the condo and the rain looked set in, Lee and I revolted and we all decided to have lunch in Ossippi and then head back to the condo. Everyone's feet were wet, none of our boots were waterproof and we were miserable. So we stopped and had lunch at the barbecue place that Dad and I had eaten at on Sunday. Then we took the Kancamagus back towards the condo. As we were on the Kanc the clouds gave way and the sun came out! Turned out to be a gorgeous afternoon. We came back to the condo, Lee and I each took naps and then we went to dinner at a local Mexican place. The guys wanted to take another ride so we humored them and we took a little drive through town but none of us wanted to get cold again so it wasn't very long. No ice cream today :-( Too cold!!

Do I looked like a big tick in my rain suit? I had on 2 shirts, a sweatshirt and my rain coat! You can barely see Brad. That is Lee in the blue coat.

Plans for tomorrow are to attempt the Maine trip again!

Total miles covered today: 130 - 110 of those in the cold rain!



1 comment:

Betty said...

Well, you may have been cold, but you look warm! Sorry your trip was a bust, I hope you get to Maine today!

Savanna