Monday, June 11, 2007

Laconia Trip - Saturday, June 9; Day 2


Well, we woke up to pouring rain! Great! So, instead of heading right out we went to breakfast with Dave and Lee and then went over to Ralph's house and visited all morning. Ralph has a small reef tank and he is relatively new at it so your dad helped him out a bit. They wound up splitting one of the zinnias and rubberbanding it to a rock in order to grow some more. Ralph thought that was great. He had heard you could do it but had never been brave enough to actually do it. By about 2:30 the sky looked like it was cloudy but the rain had stopped so we decided to head out.

Once we got through the Hartford area it was pretty much clear sailing through Vermont. We stopped for "lunch" at 5:00 in a place called Bellows Falls. It reminded me of the town in "It's a Wonderful Life" - Bedford Falls. We were starving and stopped at the first place we saw that was opened. After we got inside we realized we were in an old railroad car. The place seated maybe 20 people (if they were small :-) ). The food was outstanding and the waitress was the owner who had moved there from Richmond. So when we left out of there, it looked like rain again and we debated putting on our rainsuits but Dad was confident so we didn't. Although the rain was on our peripheral all day it never rained on us until we got about 15 minutes away from our destination. It rained on us but not enough to get us too wet. The ride was absolutely beautiful. Even though we were on the interstate the scenery was gorgeous! Mountains all around us. I keep hoping we will see a moose but so far we haven't.

We got to the condo and I laid down for a little while thinking we would go to get dinner. About an hour later Dad woke me up to ask if we were going to dinner and I was just too doggone tired! I just couldn't get myself up and I dragged myself into our bedroom and slept with my contacts in and my make up on!

Miles covered: approx 218

No comments: