Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our Anniversary trip






Brad and I left Monday morning for our 26th anniversary trip. We headed to the beautiful Shenandoah Valley area of Virginia. It was a good trip although it didn't get really nice until we got off of I95. Then we got into the hills/mountains of Virginia and had a great time tooling around with the top down on the Eclipse. We are staying at a bed and breakfast in Luray, Virginia. It is a cute town, a little bigger than Bell Buckle, but reminded us of Bell Buckle because of the art influence here. Last night we ate at Uncle Buck's restaurant which was pretty good, not the best but certainly not the worst we have had. This morning we got up and had breakfast here at the B&B, and then went for a walk down the main street of Luray. We went into some of the antique shops, I saw some antique china that I would have loved to have but I was strong and passed it up. We then went into an art gallery that was in a Warehouse - one person's art is another person's junk right? Anyway, some of it was nice, I loved the stained glass art. We then ate at a little delicatesan and walked back to the B&B. It was pretty hot and humid so I needed a nap. We had planned on going to a local baseball game. I'm not sure what class ball you would call it, it is a team called the Luray Wranglers and they play with the Valley League. I doubt it was triple A, I really don't know. I was really excited about it but we had a terrible thunderstorm that lasted a couple of hours and I guess the field was just too wet cause they postponed the game. I was really disappointed I thought it sounded like so much fun! So, that is about all we did today, tomorrow we are going to the Luray Caverns and then we aren't quite sure what we are doing after that. We are playing it by ear.

No comments: