Thursday, July 3, 2008

Not quite...

It turned out I had one more night in San Diego. After sitting on the airplane for almost two hours, Delta decided to cancel our flight out of San Diego. I made arrangements for a flight the next day and they gave me a $100 voucher for future travel (add that to what I have left from the Hawaii non-trip and I will probably get to go back out to San Diego again before he leaves for Japan) I then rented a car for a day and went and picked up Brad from the ship. WHOO HOO! One more day!! We got lucky and got a room at the lodge again, this one was on the ocean side so it was a wonderful view and we could hear the ocean all night - one of my favorite sounds. I decided I wanted Mexican one more time so we wound up going down into the tourist area of Coronado and had to wait over an hour for a table and then it wasn't really that good. We decided next time to stay away from the tourist areas, we had much better luck going off the island. Well, I am now back in sweltering hot Chesapeake and have to get back to my life. I don't have any appointments until next week but I have lots to do nonetheless. The kids didn't kill each other while I was gone so that is always good!

No comments: