Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007







Happy Thanksgiving to all my blog friends! We had an interesting Thanksgiving this year. I wound up in the hospital on Monday having my gall bladder taken out. I was feeling great right up until Sunday night about 8:00 when I thought I was having indigestion. About 4 in the morning I decided it wasn't indigestion and it was time to go to the hospital. Brad got up and took me in. After two ultrasounds it was determined that my gall bladder needed to come out. So, by 11:30 in the morning I was in surgery. Everyone at Portsmouth Naval Hospital was awesome - they were great! I was released mid morning on Tuesday. Needless to say, cooking Thanksgiving dinner was out of the question for me but Savanna stepped up to the challenge. She and her daddy decided they could do the dinner. What a good job they did too! It was a great dinner, they did an outstanding job! Here's a few pictures that I took with the little digital camera. The flowers were from Jennifer and my mom - they are beautiful the picture does not do them justice. The picture of the dogs is typical of what they have been doing since I have been laid up on the couch. They want to be on me so one (Roxie) lays on my chest and Lexie lays on my lap, thereby avoiding the sore middle part of my abdomen. They are sweeties!

No comments: