Monday, July 2, 2007

Orlando, Day 3 July 1, 2007

The guys went to the parks yesterday but Savanna and I were here at the hotel all day. She had classes until 2 and I hung out at the pool and worked on the computer while she was in classes. Competition started yesterday afternoon so that is what we did all afternoon. They were pretty disappointed in their scores, all the dances that Savanna was in got high silvers and one gold. She was pretty upset as were all of the girls. They have had a lot of upheavals in the last couple of months. One of the girls got kicked off the team so they had to rework all the dances she was in, then one of the girls didn't come down for nationals so those dances were reworked and another girl who used to be in company took her place. She learned all the dances in the last month. I'm afraid it probably shows when they perform that they are not very cohesive. That is just my untrained, layman's opinion :-) Her solo is tonight and I'm afraid she may have herself worked into a frenzy by then. I am concerned that it is no longer "fun" anymore. She loves to perform and the benefit of being on the team is that she gets to perform several more times a year than when she is just in classes. But, if she is going to get so upset, I don't know that it is worth it. She hates the judging part of it. After classes today we have a few hours of free time and we are going to go down to "Downtown Disney" and look around. She really hasn't had much free time and maybe this will help get her mind on something else besides the competition. Then this evening she has her solo. I didn't take any pictures yesterday but I will have my camera with me today.

No comments: